6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Raff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Which capacitor on the sound board filters out the sound , still have a humming sound coming through the speakers driving me nuts,
    I read that when you turn the volume of the sound up or down if the humming sound goes louder or quite with the control then it could be a cap on the sound board, I have checked the grounding with a dmm it all seems to be good so I start with the caps

#3 6 years ago

There's no filtering done to the audio on these boards. Capacitors have lots of possible roles, but not that one on this board. If you have hum you have a ground loop. Fix that and you get rid of your hum.

#4 6 years ago

is there a method of narrowing down where the ground loop is

#5 6 years ago

I thought I just add this that when machine is turned on there is a hum sound but if you put up game credits the hum sound goes away ,then when you start a game the hum comes back on ,then through the game certain things you hit on the play field will turn this hum sound on and off

#6 6 years ago

Just for shits and giggles -- see if the speaker wires are running past a noise generating wire and inducing the hum. Try moving the wires around a bit to see if hum changes.

#7 6 years ago

moved wires around still the same

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80a-sound-board-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.