Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Sijcolo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I had a mostly functioning caveman. I replace a burned up pop bumper coil and now the game just resets. I've replaced the caps in the bottom of the cabinet and did the slam tilt fix. I'm lost at what I should do next.

#2 7 years ago

If the A1 CPU board boots, I think I'd look for a bad bridge rectifier or cracks in the solder around the header pins on the A2 power supply as a possible source cause.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

#3 7 years ago

Bridge rectifiers tested fine. Disconnected the reset board and can play. When I reconnect the reset board I get the same problem.

#4 7 years ago

Cool, I like easy. The reset board isn't needed for home use. Be sure to unplug it at the reset board connector and not at TC1 on the CPU board if there are resistors installed there.

Steve

#5 7 years ago

Cool, my right side drop targets won't reset. I can test make them reset by grounding q64. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Steve

#6 7 years ago

Have you tested the Q64 transistor with a meter and compare the readings to a known working transistor yet? Another way to test the transistor is to set the game into solenoid test 17 to see if the solenoid fires. If it doesn't, the transistor is likely bad. If it does fire, the cause could be a bad connection at the A1J4 to A3J1 interconnect.

Steve

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. I will check that later tonight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80a-resets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.