11 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 12.22.23 PM (resized).png
#1 11 months ago

Have a weird one. ROMs are hard to find to verify, but I'm feeling that is probably the issue, but want to throw it out to the hive mind.

Have an Amazon Hunt, System 80A, that appears to boot but not quite. Battery removed, clean board, new 100uf logic cap at the power input, slam switch modified, clean power, passes all tests on NeoDiag80. Reset and clock working right, ready and IRQ working correctly. Had one bad switch matrix chip, z13 replaced.

There's not much activity on many of the address lines, but activity on almost all of the data lines. It boots with zeros in the displays as it should, but is not in attract mode or allows anything to play. Chip select circuitry all appears to be working well with a probe.

Would this be indicative of a potential failure on U2 or U3 or the game ROM? Could the 6502 pass this much test and be bad?

Any ideas appreciated -- thanks!

#2 11 months ago
Quoted from The_Director:

It boots with zeros in the displays as it should,

Did you check the SLAM Tilt switch in the coin door?
It needs to be closed, otherwise you have only (flickering) zeros in the displays

#3 11 months ago

ROMs are hard to find

I answered your other thread yesterday. You never replied... is that not what you wanted?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-amazon-hunt-roms#post-7574085

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from bontango:

Did you check the SLAM Tilt switch in the coin door?

slam switch modified

#5 11 months ago
Quoted from sparky672:

I answered your other thread yesterday. You never replied... is that not what you wanted?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-amazon-hunt-roms#post-7574085

Yea, slam switch is modified and z26 is correctly sending a high signal off pin 12.

I saw this — couldn’t figure out how to get it to actually download. One of those sites that makes it hard to just download. Is there a left click or something I need to do somewhere?

#6 11 months ago

... couldn’t figure out how to get it to actually download.

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 12.22.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-05-11 at 12.22.23 PM (resized).png

#7 11 months ago

My computer was trying to block it as unsecured. It downloaded and there now, thanks! I'll verify these images against what I've got and report back.

#8 11 months ago

Don’t see it mentioned as the culprit often, so figured I’d follow up here — z15 was the culprit. It’s a 7432 that controls the switch enables which caused this board to simulate slam switch problems in a strange spot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80a-not-going-into-attract-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.