20150503155909656.jpg
20150503242217421.jpg
20150503242204252.jpg
20150503242204252.jpg
20150503242217421.jpg
20150430122559296.jpg
photo.JPG 11.JPG
photo.JPG 12.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 8 years ago

I've been following your progress and see that Chris H is on this thread but I wanted to mention something I saw in case it may help. Just another "Shot in the Dark" for you, playing Inspector Clouseau (my favorite late actor). I noticed that the CPU board in the first pic of your boards is a D20869 and came out of a "The Games" and your game is a "Touchdown" which would mean your board has been swapped out for some reason. I assume because the battery puked alkaline all over the original board. Anyway, it may be possible that your newer CPU board might require a 3K pull up resistor at the TC1 pins 7 & 11. Ed at GPE mentions this from time to time, sometimes the CPU board won't boot to attract mode without it. Perhaps it's worth looking into.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

#32 8 years ago

Okay, then that won't help. Switch matrix issues can sometimes be tricky (and though it rarely gets that far), it'll take out a gate in Z8 (7402), the input/output device selection. I'd give that gate a look over to be sure input/outputs are good, it may be what's locking it up.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's worth a try. However, the board was originally working without it before the short on the switch matrix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80a-no-boot-displays-show-1-knocker-fires?tu=blownfuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.