• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191113_173306_resized (resized).jpg
5101_Corners (resized).jpg
20191217_162813 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a Gottlieb Ice Fever and I have 2 things I need help with:
1. I cant seem to figure out how to put it on free play.
2. The credits and high score clear everytime I shut the game off.
Any advice is appreciated.

True free play isn’t really an option on an OEM board. You can set it up to award a free game at a low score so you achieve it every time you play. That way there is always credits on the machine. As for the battery, remove it and install a memory capacitor. It is the easiest and cheapest fix. NVRAM is over kill on Gottliebs.

#7 4 years ago

You’re battery might have been removed already. The OEM battery was a large black rectangle. Install this in place of it and you are good to go. Just need to solder it on. Easy to do.

ebay.com link: Electric Double Layer Memory Back up Capacitor 1F 5 5VDC 2 pcs

#8 4 years ago

It is the orange thing on the largest board. Can you solder?

#9 4 years ago

somebody added the orange batteries to the board. They have failed or weren’t installed correctly. Remove them with a soldering iron and install the memory capacitor the same way. Pos to pos and Neg to neg.

1 week later
#22 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Switch is fine, so most likely on the board?

You need to revisit the switch because odds are that is your problem. With the glass out, start a game and smack the playfield with your hand in different areas. Also try manually firing the other pop bumpers. My guess is that action will fire your questionable pop bumper. After you verify that slide in a piece of paper (like a business card) between the contacts of your questionable pop bumper and repeat the test. My guess is that your pop bumper won't be firing anymore. That will prove if it is the switch or not.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80a-help?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.