Mine was similar. The corrosion was so minor that I thought it had been all cleaned up. It wasn't.
My headaches didn't stop until I did the reset modification, which replaces something like 20 components with one plus a few jumpers. i got my MCP130-460DI/TO on Amazon for two bucks plus $3 shipping. Had to wait about a week.
amazon.com link »
When I started removing parts the problems became obvious. At least three old components were held together with nothing but friction... resistor leads fell out of resistors, and none of this damage was visually apparent while soldered onto the board. You may think all the corrosion is gone but there still might be parts that are compromised and internally corroded.
I was so happy with the MCP130-460DI/TO, I purchased a second one and put it on the driver board for a clean looking anti-thunk modification.
All that being said, I only had one boot problem with many weird symptoms. Whenever it booted successfully, I had zero issues no matter how long I played. However, it did not always boot. Sometimes it sat there with garbage on the displays, sometimes the displays stayed dark, sometimes coils locked on. Whenever I worked on the board, I thought I was making progress. However in reality I was just physically disturbing broken components elsewhere and the symptoms morphed or it would start working again for a little while. I mistakenly thought "I found it" at least three dozen times before I actually replaced the reset circuit with something reliable. All that wasted time and money chasing ghosts instead of just literally getting rid of anything that was touched by the alkaline.