This is my parents' pin, it's been sitting in their basement for a long time. I don't know the repair history other than they've had a tech work on it in the past and it's hasn't been working (or turned on) for 7 or 8 years.
I opened it up to check for damage and sure enough there is some corrosion around the battery.
However I don't see anything leaking out of the battery. Maybe it leaked in the past and this is a botched repair job. (Possibly from whoever scratched the board around this area.)
Does that seem likely from the photos or could this somehow be a slow leak from the current capacitor that I can't see?
Does this board seem salvageable or is it a lost cause? I don't mind a bit of a challenge but if it sounds like a quarter of the board needs trace repair that's probably a bit much for me.