7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by amxfc3s
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amxfc3s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have a buddy with a Gottlieb Spiderman game, and I would like to use his MPU in my Caveman for testing. The Spiderman has 6 digit displays, Caveman has 7. Will it be a problem to put his MPU in my game for testing? I plan on swapping the game ROM but am not sure if there are any other differences that I need to be aware of. Thanks.

#3 7 years ago

If they are not socketed on his MPU, I am not going to socket them to test my game. I assume it would damage the MPU if I didn't swap those two chips?

#5 7 years ago

I am perfectly capable of doing the work, but I am just asking a favor to use his MPU in my game. If I can use his MPU, and the displays don't work in my game, that is fine, I just don't want to damage his board.

#7 7 years ago

That's what I figured. I know my game is fine, I am trying to prove an incompatibility issue with Caveman and the Rottendog MPU.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
$ 55.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 6.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods
Cabinet parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amxfc3s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80-mpu-compatibility?tu=amxfc3s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.