• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-05-06_19h09_02 (resized).png
2018-05-06_18h48_31 (resized).png
IMG_1476 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grbgemen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I am working on a Gottlieb Genesis. My ramp flashers were not working. I noticed that the jumper wires between Q55 & Q56 were cut. I ended up replacing both transistors and installed new zero ohm resistors. This fixed the non working ramp flashers on both sides.

After the ramp flashers began working again I played a quick game and noticed towards the end of the game that the ball release under the apron was firing repeatedly. I turned the machine off and then back on. I started a new game and this time when a ramp shot was triggered the flashers would flash and the ball release would fire with each flash of the ramp flashers.

When in test mode, the ball release fires like it should at L14 but it also fires at Solenoid #4(Left ramp flashers) & at #7(Right ramp flashers).

I have now lost flashers again on both sides. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_1476 (resized).jpgIMG_1476 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2 5 years ago

Still having issues with this. Lower cabinet ground mod has been done. I have tested with a known good mpu and driver board. See results below:

Good mpu and original driver board:
-Ball release triggers at L14 and at solenoids 4 & 7 during test mode.
-Briefly grounding Q55(left ramp flashers) triggers ball release.
-Briefly grounding Q56(right ramp flashers) triggers ball release.

Good mpu and known good driver board:
-Ball release triggers at L14 but nothing at solenoids 4 & 7.
-Briefly grounding Q55(left ramp flashers) triggers ball release.
Note: This particular driver board had Q56 removed at some point so cant test right side flashers. Game the driver board is from does not use it.

When the machine is powered up with the known good driver board, the reveal motor completes one revolution(I am told this is normal?) and a ball is kicked out into the shooter lane. I also noticed that while the motor is running, the ball release is energized. However its almost as if it doesnt have full power as I can manually push on the plunger and it releases. I can feel that it has power though while the motor is spinning. If I manually push it in a ways, the plunger will energize all the way in and hold. None of this happens with the original genesis driver board.

#4 5 years ago

Thank you! One of the jumpers between the resistors had broken right at the solder tab. I did not see it at first but found it with the meter.

Flashers are now working again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grbgemen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80-genesis-solenoidflasher-issues?tu=grbgemen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.