10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PS in gottleib.jpg
#1 10 years ago

This is my first time working on a Gottlieb System 3 game. I was reading through Clay's old sys 3 pinrepair.com guide. Since the 5V power supply Pot is known to fail and there is no over voltage protection for the boards he recommends replacing the 5V PS with a switching PS like you would find in a JAMMA arcade game. This seems like a good idea to me because then you would have over voltage protection. He also notes that when you do this you can just cap off the 12V input wires that used to go to the PS since they are no longer needed. I was all gung-ho to try this till I went on Ebay and found that 5v switchers come in several different amp ratings 2, 3, and 4 and most arcade ones are 15amps ect... So my question is have any of you done this with success? What were your results and lessons learned? Also, what would be the proper amp value to use??

3 months later
#2 10 years ago

PS in gottleib.jpgPS in gottleib.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Above is the original article I was referencing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-with-switching-power-supply and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.