• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0011 (resized).JPG
DSCN0010 (resized).JPG
SwitchMatrix (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider futurepinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

On a Rescue911, I'm having an issue with switches not working. A common issue with this is bad ribbon cables and I have replaced it with no changes. I can't see any similarities since they are not in the same row or column. I have continuity all the way to the board and the switches test fine. Here is a copy of the switch matrix, the RED dots are the missing switches. Any suggestions?

SwitchMatrix (resized).jpgSwitchMatrix (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

I checked all of the switches for continuity, but since the flipper switches don't work I can't do too much in the menu and the Kicker rubber might be coil/transistor. I will pull the boards out tonight and look for cold solder.

#4 6 years ago

I have already reflowed all of the opto boards and even swapped them, the problem does not follow the board. But I will look into the sensor board.

#5 6 years ago

Sensor board reflowed, no changes.

#7 6 years ago

I haven't shopped out the game yet so I'm sure I have some burnt bulbs, in the lamp matrix, but right now I have 95% of the lights working. I will look for loose wires tonight and move the bulbs to the ones that aren't working to check all the sockets.

I have not checked the diode board at all yet.

Also, Kicking Rubber issue is solved.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

Also, reflow the big connector at the diode boards. It is a single sided board and cracked solder joints happen from time to time at those.

Ok. I'll look for broken lamp wires and test the diodes on the diode board and reflow the big connector on the Diode board tonight.

#10 6 years ago

All lamps now work perfectly, no broken wires. I reflowed the diode board and checked each individual diode, and there is no issues with those.

All switch issues remain.

#11 6 years ago

I've got my switch issues fixed!
The flipper switch issues were coming from the wires being off at the coils by the playfield.
The opto issues were being caused by the previous owner having flipped two of the wires on each of the transmitters.
All good now and we just have to get it all cleaned up, finish installing flipper coils and install a shooter rod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider futurepinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-switch-issues?tu=futurepinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.