You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

u8-gal (resized).PNG
psu head (resized).PNG
#1 6 years ago

Hi guys,
I have been messing around installing some mods in my SF2 machine.

When trying to find a reliable 12V source, I disconnected the J1 connector on the power supply in the head.
psu head (resized).PNGpsu head (resized).PNG

I ended up tapping the 12V from a flasher, however I got a bit too excited and turned back the machine ON to test the mod while I totally forgot to re-insert the J1 connector.

I then noticed my dmd was all black with random dots on it, I powered it off right away and put the J1 connector back on the power supply. I then tried to launch it again and the DMD was black, no sound and GI light of the playfield are steady on.

I looked at the fuse and the F5 was blown, I thought maybe it happened while the J1 connector was disconnected, maybe once its in place changing the fuse would fix it. I changed the fuse with my only spare and turned the game on again. The boards had flashing red lights, then went off. Checked the fuse F5, blown again.

Been doing a lot of reading and I suspect it could be due to the U8 Gal chip, its a bit brown on the center of the label, I assume it might have burned.
u8-gal (resized).PNGu8-gal (resized).PNG

Could the U8 gal chip alone cause the "short" blowing the F5 fuse or I may need to change rectifier bridges and other components to fix this?

Would appreciate any help
thanks

9 months later
#2 5 years ago

Don't think the u8g chip blow fuse. I also burned F5 after change Q1 on A2 and did a bad soldered. So I replaced any component on A8 board as it is says when disconnect DMD. The red diode on A8 works again but still no DMD. Replace the u8g chip and now it works correctly. I suggest to change component on A8

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-street-fighter-2-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.