• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by busa32927
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

hi all

a friend called me with an issue they are having with their barb wire pin. i havent been to their house yet to check on whats going on but they tell me the sound volume is good when they first start playing the game but eventually the volume will do down on its own. anyone have any ideas on what is going on? maybe some things to check when i get there.

#2 6 years ago

Check the AC ripple on the Aux Power supply +12VDC/-12VDC when the game gets warm.

#3 6 years ago

how do i check the ripple? if its bad how do i fix it?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

how do i check the ripple? if its bad how do i fix it?

For checking AC ripple on the +12VDC supply, set meter on AC setting, probe for ground (black) on pin 4 ,7 or 2 of P1. The red probe to cathode (banded) side of D3. You should see probably something less than 1/2V AC (<500 mV). If it is 1V or more most certainly failed cap C23. Leave the ground probe in place and move the other probe to anode side of D! to make the same measurement for the -12VDC supply.

2 weeks later
#5 6 years ago

all voltages check out on the aux power supply board (amp board). i wonder if the amp chips or the quad opt chip is going bad

#6 6 years ago

i tested the the auxillary power supply on a different machine and it works great. so i guess i am back to testings everything after the amp and before the amp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-sound-fades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.