• Latest reply 6 years ago by Edenecho
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170801_184057 (resized).jpg
20170801_184754 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi,
hoping for some help with a newly aquired street fighter 2, aka a system 3 machine. I know they dont have as much love as BW and Stern, but still I hope someone can chime in

All boards look clean and nice. Before powering it up, I replaced the battery with a new lithium socket and battery. Then I checked all fuses, and I recall every one being fine,even in the power box.(F1 & F2). It took a week before I managed to get back to it and try to turn it on.

I turned the game on, and....nothing happens, no power at all, no blinking leds on boards etc.
I have read about the vertical fuseholders going bad, so I removed the power box, and checked the fuses and fuseholders.

Both fuseholders seemed fine, but the F2 fuse (primary power) was totally blown. See attached image.(the normal fuse is for size comparison only)
Now, I believe I tested both F1 and F2 some time before and they were fine...if so, that would mean the F2 blew when I attempted to power on the machine?

What in the wiring can make this fuse blow? so early in the "pipeline"?

I am ordering a new fuse kit so will test again when I receive it, in case I just had a brainfart and forgot to check it before powering on and it was dead from the start.

Thanks, all input is appreciated!
Morten

20170801_184754 (resized).jpg20170801_184754 (resized).jpg
20170801_184057 (resized).jpg20170801_184057 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If the connector plug isn't jumpered for the correct voltage, that can cause problems.

I believe it is set correct with white/green jumper, which is for 220 v here in europe/norway.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Don't rely on the colors--make sure to check that the jumpers are correct. I've seen situations where a jumper has been rewired to match a voltage if the "proper" color plug wasn't available.

Hm how do I check if the jumpers are correct?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

After that, be sure to check the vertical fuse holders in the power box (front right corner of the cabinet where the power switch is) and the transformer panel.
Sometimes the fuses in those can blow, or the fuse holder can wear put and go bad.

Okay thanks, I have ordered new fuses and will first check if the F2 is blowing again, to confirm that it was not already blown.

On a sidenote; could a transistor or something on the pf make the Primary power fuse blow, or is that "too far" away, any idea?

#10 6 years ago

Luckily, for now, this was only an issue of replacing the F2 fuse, and everything works!

Now for the topshop
Thanks for the input!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-sf2-no-power-at-all?tu=Edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.