(Topic ID: 207622)

Gottlieb System 3 lamp matrix issue (class of 1812)

By brenna98

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Need some help 1812 fans.

I have a column of lights out on the playfield that I just can't figure out. The column in question is the very first in the lamp matrix with the Shoot Again, Bottom LED on the bat sign, and all the way down that column.
I have gone through Caly's guide on system 3 pertaining to this and I know lamps and switches are connected in the switch matrix. However, All of the switches in that column work fine: The 3 left bank standups, the right ramp opto, the coin switches; all in the switch column matrix work fine.
I checked all the transistors on the driver board, but they all test good.
I checked the diode boards under the playfield too and those all test good.
So, the only other thing I can think of is a shorted lamp socket? putting a continuity test to a few (grave, droor prize and one of the Zom B's lights) I get connectivity from the tab to the base. To be sure, I replaced every socket in that column with no success.
If anyone has some insight to this, please let me know.

#4 6 years ago

Sorry I can’t help you specifically with this troubleshooting but if you need some pics or info on a working CO1812 just let me know I’ll be happy to help.

#5 6 years ago

Maybe someone has some suggestions?

#6 6 years ago

still looking for answers...

#7 6 years ago

Do you have LEDs in the non-working sockets, or incandescent bulbs?

Try incandescent bulbs. If incandescent bulbs work, that means the polarity on the sockets was reversed, and you'll need to swap the wires around on each socket.

If that isn't the issue, then it might be a grounding issue. Take a look at the A18P4 connector on the transformer panel. It's possible that there could be cracked solder joints on the header pins on that back of that PCB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-lamp-matrix-issue-class-of-1812 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.