Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pb456
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Just started having a problem with my Gottlieb SMB. Other than the usual speaker hum when the game is in the attract mode I've noticed another issue. Occasionally during gameplay there are random sounds that don't play when they should. For instance when the ball goes over a rollover switch it usually makes a certain sound sometimes it won't. Or during the slot machine chance the slot machine sound won't play. It's never just a particular sound and only that sound that's missing. It probably only happens a few times per game. I've checked the 5v at the power supply, it's reading 5.07v and the control board, sound board, and aux sound board are getting 5v. Both sound boards are getting the 12v and -12v like they should. What should I look at next. I'm still fairly new at working on these things so I still have alot to learn. Thanks

#2 1 year ago

You could try doing a factory reset. My CBW likes to act up and a reset fixes my issues. Good luck!

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from BriPin:

You could try doing a factory reset. My CBW likes to act up and a reset fixes my issues. Good luck!

How do you do a factory reset? Never done it before on my game.

#4 1 year ago

Press the test button on the board at the left of the coin door then press the left flipper to go into adjustments then the credit button to reinitialize. You may want to make note of your high scores as they'll be erased so that you can manually reproduce them later.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from BriPin:

Press the test button on the board at the left of the coin door then press the left flipper to go into adjustments then the credit button to reinitialize. You may want to make note of your high scores as they'll be erased so that you can manually reproduce them later.

Thanks

4 months later
#6 1 year ago

Very likely the nefarious grounding issue, have you done the ground mod on it?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside