(Topic ID: 308626)

Gottlieb system 3, how to get under the apron/ball return spring?

By Anony

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20220123_210225259 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I've got a Tee'd Off and I'm trying to get under the apron to service the ball return mechanism. I see a small spring is not connected anymore.

I have two issues though. One I'm not sure how to get under the apron. I took off the plastic part but it's all metal underneath and looks like it has bolts I can't get to while it's on.

The other issue is the manual for Tee'd Off doesn't seem to show the ball return assembly at all. I am not sure what the part number for this spring is, or if it's part of the plunger link maybe? Marco has a ball return assembly that shows it but the spring doesn't seem to be referenced at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

PXL_20220123_210225259 (resized).jpgPXL_20220123_210225259 (resized).jpg
#3 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Remove the two screws:
[quoted image]
Lift the back end of the apron up and over the brackets where it was screwed in.
[quoted image]
Then, push the whole apron forward. The front of the apron is held on by 4 small hooks.
[quoted image]
Then to put the apron back on, just do everything in reverse order--hook the apron on those 4 playfield hooks pull it back, drop it down over the two small brackets, and screw in those two screws.

Very useful with the pictures, thanks! I was thinking those other brackets were part of the apron but looks like they're just there to keep it snug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-how-to-get-under-the-apron-ball-return-spring?tu=anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.