• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220921_075614754.jpg
20220916_143814 (resized).jpg
rrttr (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donjagra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Sure enough my D8 is dead on the display board and is likely my problem. One is coming in the kit I ordered so hopefully it will be back up soon.
[quoted image]

Gotlieb used individual diodes instead of a bridge rectifier on these boards and yours is blown. Fingers crossed that replacing it resolves the issue. If you replace it and it blows again, then you have a problem with your transformer panel in the bottom of the cabinet. The display is fed directly from the transformer to the rectifier and and is an isolated circuit. I don't know of a way to repair the transformer and a replacement might be hard to find.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Yep... As per post above replacing the bad diode fixed it. Video on troubleshooting and replacement above.

Yeah... I should have realized this was a solved post. I think I'm still traumatized by the six months I spent on one of these that did need a transformer. In case you want to see the schematic of the transformer circuit that powers the dmd, might be useful for the next guy. It's the 95v with the F3 fuse.

IMG_20220921_075614754.jpgIMG_20220921_075614754.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donjagra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-gladiators-dmd-out?tu=donjagra and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.