Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Grizlyrig
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Ok I have a gottlieb Deadly weapon. Everything works except the flippers,poppers, slingshot. Basically everything that runs though the game over relay. I checked the relay and it's fine. The mosfet/transistor q32 powers this coil. So I checked it and found it dead. Replaced it and still nothing, but sometimes after 10min of the game turned on it energizes the coil and works fine. It's as if the game has to warm up. Is there a way to test it to see if it let's the ground though while it's still plugged in?

#2 8 years ago

You got a schematic? I'd help, but none are quickly available online due to Gottlieb's kibosh on them. If it takes a while for something to work, you are having thermal expansion issues.

Without a schematic handy, my guess is that it sound like something is not making contact until it heat enough and expands. You've most likely just got a cold solder joint somewhere in the area of that relay. It is that, or a cap that interacts with the circuit is dried out and not retaining any juice.

#3 8 years ago

Yes I own the scamatices. I'll check it out.
Can I post or send parts of it?

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Akitostarwind:

Yes I own the scamatices. I'll check it out.
Can I post or send parts of it?

Go for it, nobody here is going to bother you.

#5 8 years ago

Step one,do all ground mods! You will find alot of your electrical gremlins will disappear. On a gottlieb until you do that you will be chasing your tail, I did for a month.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-game-over-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.