• Latest reply 9 years ago by Kyrosfear
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GStopBracket.jpg
Grommet.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kyrosfear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I recently purchased my first pin, a Gottlieb Waterworld. I ordered the flipper repair kit from PBR and finished rebuilding both flippers the other night (thanks for the guide Vid). The kits do not come with rubber grommets to cushion the plunger link from hitting the mounting plate as it retracts from the coil, and the game's manual does not show or reference one in any place that I can find. The mounting plate has a hole in it where it looks like the little rubber plug would fit right in, but neither flipper actually had them installed when I bought it, so I do not know that for sure. I asked a buddy of mine who has several William’s pins about it and he told me that all of his have them (shown in the picture below).

So, my questions are, is there supposed to be a plug mounted in this hole? If so, would a standard B/W one fit it? Thanks in advance guys.
-Kyros

Grommet.jpgGrommet.jpg

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Call and ask PBresource if you get no reply here.

Thanks for the advice SealClubber.

Quoted from viperrwk:

Sys3s don't use this grommet - one of the reasons why the flippers feel so "clunky".
viperrwk

Okay, that certainly clarifies why mine did not have them already, why the kit does not have them, and why they are not shown in the manual. Thank you.

Quoted from CactusJack:

And adding the bumper/stop will greatly reduce the overall travel of the flipper.

That makes sense. So is the best answer to just leave them as they were designed, or are there any mods guys have done in the past to improve this setup? My plan was to try out some B/W ones in there, but that is a double edge sword if it hinders the performance of the flipper.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate the insight.
-Kyros

#8 9 years ago

Well, I put a couple of B/W in there and they work perfectly. Definitely makes the action of the flipper a lot smoother. Thanks for the help guys.
-Kyros

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kyrosfear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-flippergrommet-question?tu=kyrosfear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.