• Latest reply 10 years ago by Kyrosfear
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GStopBracket.jpg
Grommet.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider abcdelmrs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

Very interesting timing for this thread. A friend of mine had always said his biggest knock against Gottlieb System 3s was the extra travel the flippers had. Somehow he wound up with a Barb Wire and told me recently that he went with a different plunger and link to limit the travel. I tried his solution a few days ago and it didn't work for me since it shortened the travel too much IMO. I had some old grommets around (I think from Data East) and plugged the holes with them. Voila, the travel is shortened and there's still plenty of oomph to make all the shots on my World Challenge Soccer. I found it pretty difficult to work the grommet in, but in the end it was worth the effort.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider abcdelmrs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-flippergrommet-question?tu=abcdelmrs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.