5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JReedie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JReedie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Please ignore my ignorance as I’m no System 3 expert but I’m working on a SF2 at the moment and it was having heaps of issues. Most of which I have now fixed however, currently all 3 flippers are dead, the flipper buttons are registering as I'm able to progress through the systems menu but when starting a game nothing happens. I’ve checked all fuses and they're fine, I’ve also checked all of the transistors on the driver board and they are fine too. The trough release coil is also refusing to fire so no balls are being put into play.

The customer reported that last time the machine worked he could smell something burning so switched it off and thats when the flipper coils and also the trough release coil stopped working. The left upkicker coil was burnt out and I have ordered a replacement so I’m presuming thats what the burning smell was as theres no evidence anywhere else of anything thats toasted. Any ideas what else to look at regarding the flippers? I've read that the Q relay could potentially be the culprit but I want to gather as much information on as many possible causes as i can before turning up at the location to try and get the machine running again.

#3 5 years ago

zacaj i didnt actually have my multimeter on me, it was initially a call out for a simple fix, little did i know the horrors under the playfield. I asked the customer to test the slingshots for me and he has said they are not working either. Is it right to just assume the Q relay is the cause of the problems?

#5 5 years ago

zacaj thanks for that, i’ll check out the Q relay on my next visit and hopefully thats the problem!

#6 5 years ago

Quick update, issue was the Q relay not firing. I've started a new thread as the problem has developed further

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-troubles-1#post-4735683

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JReedie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-flipper-issues?tu=JReedie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.