(Topic ID: 92226)

Gottlieb System 3 Fan Club: Haters need not apply ;)

By Gov

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,189 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 63 days ago by jtreehorn
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231214_195407 (resized).jpg
20231214_195403 (resized).jpg
20231214_195340 (resized).jpg
20231214_195624 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3612.jpeg
20191205_181839 (resized).jpg
opto (resized).jpg
opto3 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230529_064653_Gallery (resized).jpg
20230523_091209 (resized).jpg
20230523_085809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230426_132038_Drive (resized).jpg
115286D5-5DB6-4607-8E0E-FDD213695148 (resized).jpeg
received_224787666795042 (resized).jpeg
20230325_012344 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timboch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

I should be getting a Tee'd off pretty soon so I can join the club, I'll post up when it arrives

Most said not to get a Tee'd Off and get a NGG instead. I am surprised how much I contiue to enjoy this machine.

teed off hs (resized).jpgteed off hs (resized).jpg

#309 6 years ago

What's the correct leg length for teed off? I have 27 in front, what's the proper rear leg??

Tee'd Off and most Gottliebs of the time took 27" legs. Mine had 28 1/2" legs (standard for most other pins) when I bought it. It stood very tall and felt strange to play. I bought new legs from The Pinball Resource. Steve Young is a great guy and has many Tee'd Off specific parts. I've replace many of the LEDs and the entire back box lights. Replaced dozens of post screws and fixed many other issues. I also replaced the 5 golf balls with plastic practice balls I bought at Walmart, so mine don't have the silver tees under them any more. Pinball resource has tees too. ? My gopher topper motor seems quite loud, but some say that's normal. I too find I enjoy playing it and have not gotten board as many say happens. Enjoy it.

1 week later
#327 6 years ago

So far this is my high score on Tee'd Off.
Anyone have a topper for sale?

Good scoring. That score will put you in the top 10 on Pinside. Set this high score this week. No super jackpots. 2 extra balls. Skins double from 400 to 800k.
Luckily, mine came with Gunther. Though the motor sure makes a lot of noise when he moves.

teed off hs1 (resized).jpgteed off hs1 (resized).jpg

#332 6 years ago

hey, curious what leds did you end up using?
i been trying to buy from comet but they are ALWAYS out of stock.

The playfield was converted to LEDs before I bought it. It has color matching insert LEDs. I didn't really like the GI lighting of the natural white flat top LEDs so I replaced most of the ones in the playfield with Blue, Green and Yellow LEDs.
The good looking ones, Blue and Yellow, I ordered from Comet.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050.htm (these are needed I guess because Gottlieb has smaller playfield holes)
The Green ones I bought off ebay along with some Yellow ones which I decided not to use. They were pretty cheap and don't give off the best light compared to the Comet LEDs.
The larger flasher bulbs for GI and the backbox were already LEDs and look fine.
The backbox was still incandescent when I bought it and I replaced all of them with LEDs from Comet too.
The Rounds golfball was a mismatch of different LEDs, so I replaced them with the Comet LEDs I also used in the backbox. (after replacing the golfballs with some white practice balls I got at Walmart
Tee'd Off is interesting in that it uses all 44/47 bayonet bulbs.

1 week later
#355 6 years ago

Knowing that ColorDMD doesn't support Gottlieb machines, yet. Has anyone tried Pin2DMD to make their own Color DMD for Gottlieb pins? I think it might be an interesting thing to try for my Tee'd Off.

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

I'll personally be going with either a Pin2DMD or GiantDOTS on my SMB
I've installed a ColorDMD but there are very inconsistent results. Not sure if anyone else has had better luck but here's my Mario Bros.
» YouTube video

I didn't know this was even possible after I inquired about learning how to colorize my Tee'd Off for ColorDMD and was told that Gottlieb's were not supported yet. How did you connect this to your SMB? What would it look like in Dots, DotsXL or maybe even 8 bit. I connected a ColorDMD to my STTNG and am very happy with it and would enjoy learning how to install and colorize my Tee'd Off.
Until then, I am hoping someone can post more information about how involved it is to color the DMD with the Pin2DMD editor.

Great video.

6 months later
#430 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Just moved up from my system 1's to a system 3 today, Tee'd Off joined the collection. fun game, fun theme.

I too like Tee'd Off. Hopefully one of these days, my colorization of the DMD will be complete.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Nice, then I would need to spend more money
Where did you get your score cards, those look nice.

I made them myself. I’ll upload the jpg when I get home tonight.

Tee'd Off Cards Black1 (resized).jpgTee'd Off Cards Black1 (resized).jpg

Tee'd Off Cards Green1 (resized).jpgTee'd Off Cards Green1 (resized).jpg

Tee'd Off Cards Black2 (resized).jpgTee'd Off Cards Black2 (resized).jpg

8 months later
#480 5 years ago

How much. I’ve started getting tired of Gunther’s dancing.

736E9C44-BD39-49B9-BC84-6EF9B116C1B8 (resized).jpeg736E9C44-BD39-49B9-BC84-6EF9B116C1B8 (resized).jpeg
8 months later
#571 4 years ago

Pin2DMD takes some time time learn. I still haven't learned how to do dynamic screens where the score is on the screen along with an animation. But it has made my Tee'd Off look much better in my opinion. Pin2DMD allows up to 16 colors and custom palettes to be used for any scene you want to colorize. I have been very happy with it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
4 months later
#660 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

For Tee'd Off.
I guess there was at least talk of someone creating a sticker kinda thing with artwork for the mean hole area. Did that ever happen? Are there any available?

Here is the graphic someone posted which could be printed, placed and mylared into place.

MeanHoleGreen Decal (resized).pngMeanHoleGreen Decal (resized).png
10 months later
#770 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Guys, a friend of mine broke his Teed Off ramp, so I am going to be making him a new one at some point...and I stress the "at some point" part. Just wanted to see if there would be interest in running some of these in clear and yellow on top of the stock red? I hesitate to offer green, as I have not done green before and I hear it doesn't come out great. The interest level here will help me determine what materials I will use to build the mold.

Even though I think green would be the best color, yellow would be kind of cool. Never knew why it was red in the first place.

20170315_133835 (resized).jpg20170315_133835 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#803 3 years ago

Sad to say this, but I sold my Tee'd Off with its custom colorization Pin2DMD. I had made a special hole in one animation to go along with last weeks Masters which I thought came out looking pretty cool. So this is my sad good bye picture.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weyburn, SK
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timboch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-fan-club-haters-need-not-apply?tu=timboch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.