(Topic ID: 92226)

Gottlieb System 3 Fan Club: Haters need not apply ;)

By Gov

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,189 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 60 days ago by jtreehorn
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231214_195407 (resized).jpg
20231214_195403 (resized).jpg
20231214_195340 (resized).jpg
20231214_195624 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3612.jpeg
20191205_181839 (resized).jpg
opto (resized).jpg
opto3 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230529_064653_Gallery (resized).jpg
20230523_091209 (resized).jpg
20230523_085809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230426_132038_Drive (resized).jpg
115286D5-5DB6-4607-8E0E-FDD213695148 (resized).jpeg
received_224787666795042 (resized).jpeg
20230325_012344 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

I have had 8 or 9 of them, or maybe more, LOL... I think the most I had setup next to each other at one time was 5. Great layouts, very different than typical machines from that era. Rules were just so-so, and the playfields were painted on by Crayola unfortunately. I am down to one System 3 now (R911), but will always pick one up when I come across them as the deal is usually too good to pass up.

I dont have a favorite, but 1812 lasted here longer than any other game in my collection.

6 months later
#64 9 years ago
Quoted from eeperjesi:

That's all going to depend on the condition of the inserts when I get it here. They are almost 25 years old at this point. I really, really hate the color scheme and after seeing all the resto threads with glasslike clears, I just want to have a game shine and play like that.

With System 3s, it is going to depend on a lot more than that...... Often times, the mylar is actually holding the paint onto the playfield. Gottlieb experienced some serious adhesion issues on this generation of games that didn't really get corrected until Stargate.

Definitely a crapshoot. I would pull the mylar from your original playfield first to see what kind of reaction the paint is going to have.

1 year later
#156 8 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Which is the best way to go? Both used and repro are in the $100 range. Im not concerned about keeping the game original if that is the only reason to suggest a used board.

you said yours went out.... what is it doing or not doing? These driver boards are pretty basic, I have worked through about 15 of them now. As long as they aren't super charred and completely blown out, there isn't much to them to get them working again.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

It's a street fighter 2. Paid $400 6 months ago from an old guy whose grand kids out grew it.
When I got the machine a few months ago everything functioned except the skill shot and occasionally the game would trigger the sensor for defeating Guile I think it was while the ball was still in play on another part of the field.
The machine took stopped working last month after a small power outage. Aside from the above issues the GI lamps are now not working, just the lamps under the playfield, flippers and start game not working. Fuses are good and replaced them anyways. I get a message saying something about a short on return 5.
Any help would be great I am a noob to these but have a decent electronics background.

This sounds pretty straightforward..... Give this a good read, Clay has this covered pretty well-
http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/index.htm#smatrix

3 years later
#537 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

While I'm here - anyone have a playfield scan of Rescue 911? I recently added one that was operated for awhile then left to sit and was filthy. It cleaned up very nicely as most System 3s do - but unfortunately there was wear in the inlanes and the operator put a really crappy Mylar down that took all the paint from it. It's playable, but I was considering a quick decal and mylar (after wax this time!).
Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

Here you go, there should be plenty of resources in my OneDrive to use to make frisket, decal, etc....

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Akk53b-cuRJ0iQFSxyWEzYvv3zaB

This(onedrive) is all my work from my Rescue 911 megaproject....
https://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=791

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Thank you so much!
Is that a custom topper? Mine has the red dome light

Yep, I wired in an Emergency Responder LED light and took the dome light out. There is a video in that OneDrive folder that shows it in action. It is beyond obnoxious.....I love it...lol

3 weeks later
#548 5 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Quick question about my Rescue 911. According to the db it should have stainless side rails. However, they sure don';t look stainless, they look like the coating is worn off and they are rusty.
Is there a fix for something like this? seems like silver paint would not last long but replacements are over $100[quoted image]

Those are pretty bad. You could go the powdercoat route, but honestly, I would look at getting an industrial rattle can black enamel. Black rails on this game will blend nicely.

1 week later
#552 5 years ago

Yes, that is normal. You can put a sleeve on there if you want.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pawtucket, RI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-fan-club-haters-need-not-apply?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.