(Topic ID: 92226)

Gottlieb System 3 Fan Club: Haters need not apply ;)

By Gov

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 681 posts
  • 165 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by cshelden
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 190 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shaq2 (resized).jpg
shaq (resized).jpg
NoEM2 (resized).jpg
NoES1 (resized).jpg
NewpInball (resized).jpg
WipeOutSwitch (resized).JPG
IMG_20190916_200431 (resized).jpg
MeanHoleGreen Decal (resized).png
20190908_205834 (resized).jpg
20190816_132751 (resized).jpg
IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
bolts (resized).PNG
b97f188817791ddd74b986ce8fcfd0b1dc78f1b2 (resized).jpg
image-20 (resized).jpg
image-17 (resized).jpg
58A06257-17F2-413E-B49E-889E53B82487 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpnsocal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#272 2 years ago

CBW Question, "What switch or PF event causes this bulb to come on? I picked up a routed CBW that had good bones but needed some love. Having never owned/played the game I decided to clean and restore it for a new life. After tearing down the PF and cleaning all the mechs, I began my reassembly. I decided to check that all the GI sockets/bulbs would light before I bury them under ramps etc. This bulb came on and stayed on with the GI.

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

IMG_20170414_132152088 (resized).jpg

#275 2 years ago

Thanks for the info. I figured it was a 12v bulb and it was burnt out on mine as well. Sadly, it appears this bulb issue had existed for long enough to melt my red plastic cover. I'm not exited to hear that it comes on at various times, likely complicating my quest to find the problem. Is it safe to assume the issue lies on the board and not the PF? If so, it appears it's solenoid 19, would a failed transistor or other component cause it to stay on?

I'm even less proficient at reading this Gottleib schematic(online copy just compounds difficulty ), whereas I can muddle through B/W schem's.

#278 2 years ago

Xlnt....! I ordered some stuff from Steve Young today and had him throw in the manual along with the Mofset as well. I think I read somewhere that when the transistor fails the coil/solenoid locks on. Hopefully, that's the issue. Thanks for the schem pics!

1 week later
#298 2 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Here are the diagrams, appears to me that 67 bulb is Sol 19, hence suspect the mosfet at q20 or the diode at D20

Cheers to all for the great info/direction As it turned out, mofset at Q20 was shorted thereby keeping the bulb on. Interesting side note, while I was checking the other transistors I found different readings, albeit close, on 3. It seems the previous owner/repair person had used different transistors to replace the failed 12N10L. I checked a transistor equivalency chart online and since the machine is not exhibiting any odd behaviors, apparently they can be used.

Thanks again!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpnsocal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside