(Topic ID: 92226)

Gottlieb System 3 Fan Club: Haters need not apply ;)

By Gov

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231214_195407 (resized).jpg
20231214_195403 (resized).jpg
20231214_195340 (resized).jpg
20231214_195624 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3612.jpeg
20191205_181839 (resized).jpg
opto (resized).jpg
opto3 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230529_064653_Gallery (resized).jpg
20230523_091209 (resized).jpg
20230523_085809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230426_132038_Drive (resized).jpg
115286D5-5DB6-4607-8E0E-FDD213695148 (resized).jpeg
received_224787666795042 (resized).jpeg
20230325_012344 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amkoepfer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 9 years ago

Currently have a gladiators which I love, but would like to find a Stargate and class of 1812 this year!

1 week later
#84 9 years ago

While at work the other day, I spent an hour or so pouring over the rules to gladiators. Memorized ever shot, combo, anything to make my score higher. I couldn't wait to get home and play it (6 machines and that is still by far my favorite). I turn it on and game one I got a measly 70 million, games 2-10 weren't much better. I haven't gotten higher than 250 million since I learned all the rules! Maybe ignorance was bliss with that game!

1 week later
#87 9 years ago

Ya, it took quite a few games to break out of my low scoring funk. Went back to playing, and not hyper focusing on the rules, just keeping them in the back of my mind and that helped quite a bit!

#88 9 years ago

I know its not a system 3, but picking up a bone busters next week!

#90 9 years ago

It is? I thought it was system 80b

#92 9 years ago

Hopefully its a good game, only played it a few times a long time ago. Is there any problems with 80b's? I don't have much experience with them

#94 9 years ago

I'll ask him about any ground mods when I pick it up. Just has bad grounds on it?

#96 9 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it if it hasn't already been done

#99 9 years ago

Sounds like it may be OK then, I'll read up on it some more. Congrats on the lights can action and big hurt! I like my big hurt a lot!

#110 9 years ago

Finally got around to connecting my shaker motor on gladiators. The end piece of metal that spins wasn't on it, just the motor. Holey crap! That thing will shake the windows out of the neighbors house!!! I broke the screw off when I tightened it down, so now I can't get the piece off. I'm either stuck with an earthquake, or nothing at this point until I drill out the screw.

#113 9 years ago

I've bought a couple rebuild kits from Marco specialties

#115 9 years ago

Gotcha, ya I didn't know they didn't sell individual ones

1 week later
#120 9 years ago

My gladiators flashers stopped working. The fuse is fine and all wires appear to be good, I don't have a manual to chase everything down, but it plugs in to a board under the playfield that I'm not sure what it is. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas on what it could be?

1 week later
#130 9 years ago

Does anyone have a copy of gladiators manual and schematics? Have a flasher issue that I need to troubleshoot and have no manual. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#131 9 years ago

I just doubled my high score on gladiators! But........I think it screwed up. I was in cataclysm mode, and the ball drained, but the shaker was still going and points were racking up until I hit the flippers. Then on ball two after it drained it still gave me a huge cataclysm bonus. So I think it messed up, but I'm not sure if that's normal and I've never seen it. So do I claim my high score? I'd say its not my fault if the game malfunctions, but its my game so if it was messing up I don't think I can justify it and claim my score

1 year later
#193 7 years ago

I havent gone thru all the posts, so forgive me if this has been asked, but does anyone know a way to polish system 3 rails? My gladiators looked great until we moved, i had it stored in my old garage for a month prior. I just looked at them and they are starting to rust by the flipper buttons. Id like to get them back to nice without buying new rails. Any advice?

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Soak some paper towels in evaporust and put those on the rails for a couple hours.

Ok thanks. Ill give that a try!

1 week later
#197 7 years ago

Never played it but looks like itd be worth it! If you hate it you can always sell it

4 months later
#225 7 years ago

Looks like a resistor missing the legs

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

My Gladiators has some pretty rusty side rails (as Gottlieb was known to use some crappy steel). Anyone have any good tips on getting the twist nails out? I've heard people using dremels to cut a flat head notch in order to turn out.

Vid has a guide for that. Ill try to find the link

1 month later
#243 7 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

What is the going rate for a really nice gladiators with no play field wear?

Ive seen the last few for sale were around 2-2300, id say more like 1500. In my opinion. 2 years ago, sub 1k

1 month later
#267 7 years ago

I see them for sale pretty frequently, it seems the asking price has jumped to 2k plus, but i doubt they sell for that price. Although i got mine for well sub 1k, itd take a lot to get it away from me. Great game with an awesome shaker. Ill keep my eyes open for you

#269 7 years ago

Im sure someone will list one soon, probably as soon as you spend the money on a different game!

3 months later
#283 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Hey everyone, new system 3 owner here and very excited to have scooped up a Class of 1812. Should be done with the full teardown shop job within the next 48 hours and then ready for action.
Everything plays fine and acts as it should, except I notice my PF GI lights don't go dark when I start a game and when multiball starts.
Anyone have advice or suggestions on what could cause this?
I don't see this as a game adjustment setting in the manual or anything.
Thanks!

Ill take a look at mine later, but i dont think they go dark. I think they are always on

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Awesome. Thank you for the help here.
Here is the video from PAPA where I noticed the lighting behavior: » YouTube video
What I've noticed in some videos, is when a game starts, the PF GI goes mostly dark and the heart and mouth are only lit to start the little intro speech "the name is Zom B and I'm your host..."
And then when MB starts, everything goes dark again and I believe the heart and mouth are only ones lit again when he says "shoot the ball..."

Yes, my g.i. lights do go out at the beginning of mb and game start. Sorry, i never noticed it before

#294 6 years ago

I just replaced a broken drop target on my wipeout (i know, i know, things dont break on system 3s!) And man i love working on them. Everything is labeled, harnesses for all components so its easy to remove to work on it, lamp boards with easy removal, i love them!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pawtucket, RI
$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weyburn, SK
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amkoepfer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-fan-club-haters-need-not-apply?tu=amkoepfer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.