Gottlieb System 3 Fan Club: Haters need not apply ;)

By Gov

3 years ago

Stats

• 460 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by sixtyfourbits
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 133 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

76EF28CB-3761-40C4-8370-FB9AB16CA944 (resized).jpeg
3623E4FB-6DEC-44F3-B864-874D134EEDEA (resized).jpeg
IMG_0641 (resized).JPG
IMG_0640 (2) (resized).JPG
IMG_0639 (resized).JPG
IMG_0638 (resized).JPG
IMG_0637 (resized).JPG
IMG_0636 (resized).JPG
IMG_0635 (resized).JPG
IMG_0632 (resized).JPG
IMG_0628 (resized).JPG
IMG_0631 (resized).JPG
IMG_0584 (resized).JPG
IMG_0583 (resized).JPG
IMG_0582 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 460 posts in topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 47 days ago

Regarding my post above on the flipper strength issue I was having, this has now been solved. I realized my plunger was not extending all the way into the coil sleeve by the time the EOS switch was hit. Now that I've adjusted this, the right flipper feels like the left and Class of 1812 is as fun as can be again.

Nothing worse than a weak flipper, and I'm happy to have learned a new yet simple thing to look out for when diagnosing flipper behavior.

#452 41 days ago

Picked up a Cue Ball Wizard and have a couple quick questions.

The motor that rotates the cue stick back and fourth doesn’t really move the whole way. It will move to the center and kind of sit there, I can hear the motor working but it’s not reflected with movement.

There are a couple of domes at the top of the playfield that have bulbs burnt out. How do I remove the plastic rivets to get access to the bulb?

Thanks for any and all help.

#453 41 days ago

Don't own my CBW anymore, but I'll bet the rivets are standard Gottlieb plastic ones.... if so, (underneath) push the very center post of the rivet pin with your fingernail or tiny screwdtiver. It will pop up about a 16th inch or so, that unlocks the whole rivet (with sleeve) to be pulled out. It takes very little force to pop them up.

They are 2 pieces, a sleeve and the rivet pin

If you can't get underneath, grab just the head of the rivet pin from the top and pop it up (again, gently) with your fingernail. Then the entire rivet assembly will be able to be pulled out

Hope this helps

#454 38 days ago
Quoted from MT45:

Don't own my CBW anymore, but I'll bet the rivets are standard Gottlieb plastic ones.... if so, (underneath) push the very center post of the rivet pin with your fingernail or tiny screwdtiver. It will pop up about a 16th inch or so, that unlocks the whole rivet (with sleeve) to be pulled out. It takes very little force to pop them up.
They are 2 pieces, a sleeve and the rivet pin
If you can't get underneath, grab just the head of the rivet pin from the top and pop it up (again, gently) with your fingernail. Then the entire rivet assembly will be able to be pulled out
Hope this helps

Thanks, those little rivets were a pain in the ass to get out. Damn. Some of them were broken or something and it was crazy to get them out, lol.

I replaced the motor on the cue stick and it works great. Now all I need to do is find some of the plastics that are damaged on the machine and I will be good to go.

#455 37 days ago
Quoted from MT45:

Update on Cactus Jack's rebuild/shop out ...

Very nice work.The contrast between the before and after pics is huge!

#456 37 days ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Very nice work.The contrast between the before and after pics is huge!

Thx. Very fun game too!

1 week later
#457 26 days ago

Hi guys. Just finished restoring my first System 3, Tee'd Off. Hoping some of you guys may be able to help me with a display issue I am having - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-vertical-lines-on-display.

Thanks for any help!

3 weeks later
#458 1 day ago

Just joined the club on Wednesday evening by buying myself a cactus jacks. It plays well, but needs a good clean and some paint touch ups on the cab. My kids love the theme, cacti and music, and I find it quite fun too. It currently sits in the garage as I clean it up.

3623E4FB-6DEC-44F3-B864-874D134EEDEA (resized).jpeg

76EF28CB-3761-40C4-8370-FB9AB16CA944 (resized).jpeg

#459 1 day ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Thanks, those little rivets were a pain in the ass to get out. Damn. Some of them were broken or something and it was crazy to get them out, lol.
I replaced the motor on the cue stick and it works great. Now all I need to do is find some of the plastics that are damaged on the machine and I will be good to go.

Big Hurt has those same damn rivets all along the scoreboard. I ordered replacement rivets because I was sure to break a few removing that large plastic over the scoreboard to replace bulbs.

#460 7 hours ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Just joined the club on Wednesday evening by buying myself a cactus jacks. It plays well, but needs a good clean and some paint touch ups on the cab. My kids love the theme, cacti and music, and I find it quite fun too. It currently sits in the garage as I clean it up.

Congrats on the CJ! Love mine and if you have any questions as you clean it up or minor repairs, shoot me a PM. Might have to go from memory because my Cactus is folded in storage. Love that game and I did some extensive repairs to mine. Enjoy it

#461 5 hours ago
Quoted from MT45:

Congrats on the CJ! Love mine and if you have any questions as you clean it up or minor repairs, shoot me a PM. Might have to go from memory because my Cactus is folded in storage. Love that game and I did some extensive repairs to mine. Enjoy it

Thanks! I quite enjoyed seeing your posts in this thread and watching your cj transformation. I will definitely keep you in mind if I run across something I can’t figure out, I appreciate your offer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dayton, OH
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
1,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Janesville, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 460 posts in topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside