(Topic ID: 200472)

Please help! Gottlieb System 3 Cabinet Splitting!

By mystman12

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mystman12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9913 (resized).JPG
IMG_9912 (resized).JPG
IMG_9907 (resized).JPG
IMG_9900 (resized).JPG
IMG_9899 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

So I just noticed this on my Stargate. On the right front corner of the machine, it looks like the side panel is pulling away from the front and has separated.

IMG_9900 (resized).JPGIMG_9900 (resized).JPGIMG_9899 (resized).JPGIMG_9899 (resized).JPG

I don't think it's been there until recently. Is this something I should be concerned about, or is it normal?

Edit: It's worse than I thought and definitely not normal! What should I do?

Top side of the cornerTop side of the cornerUnderside of the cornerUnderside of the corner

#2 6 years ago

Bump.

#3 6 years ago

I've pulled 2 cabinets back together with 4 foot bar clamps and good carpenters glue. First check the corners inside to insure internal braces haven't come un-nailed. Sometimes internal braces are loose and must be removed to allow glue to seep in while squaring everything up with the clamps and a tape measure. Tape up edges with a good 3M safe release tape before gluing.

#4 6 years ago

Carpenters glue and clamps will fix you up. Yes it's common on almost all games, both old and new.

#5 6 years ago

Here's what the corner brace in my machine looks like. I'm guessing this is different from most other machines? I'm not sure if it's being held in place with staples or glue... I don't see any screws involved. It's not loose or anything, but it seems to be slightly separated from the side panel. Would I need to remove this and add the wood glue from the inside, or should I just add the wood glue from the outside?IMG_9913 (resized).JPGIMG_9913 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-cabinet-splitting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.