image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimBoch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Update....new battery installed and game functioning just as it should thanks to all for your help. Now if I can just get that back right habitrail made NiftyLED fun game looking forward to more time with the game wor maybe selling to work towards a Hobbit, Goldeneye, or Spring Break...yes very random tastes. And got third high score on first game.....shortly followed by a terrible game.

Where did you get this type of battery socket. I am thinking this would be a good way to make it easier to replace the battery in my Tee'd Off as the post on my battery already seems loose.

Quoted from viperrwk:

Unlike other games, Sys3s don't take kindly to remote battery holders. They can be fussy when using them and not work properly. If you do put in a remote holder it has been reported that it is best to use AA lithium batteries in it.
Personally if I were removing a Sys3 battery I would put in a standard button cell holder and use a standard lithium button cell instead of soldering in a new cell with the tabs attached.
And yes, the original batteries leak, but rarely. It's not a common problem for Sys3 unlike other manufacturers.
Finally, even soldering to a tabbed battery is dangerous. Excessive heat can deform the gasket, cause leakage or reduce the battery's performance or worse. All good reasons to use a holder instead.
viperrwk

Is there a specific kind of button cell battery holder that is needed or will any that uses the CR2430 battery work?

Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimBoch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-battery-replacement-super-mario-bro-mushroom-world?tu=TimBoch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.