Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220216_110151 (resized).jpg
System3 Backbox Insert (resized).jpg
unnamed (resized).jpg
273293003_10220201688618176_4264421206444419799_n (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hey Everyone,
Been a while since I have been involved in pinball. I picked up a project World Challenge pinball the other week and it is missing a bunch of stuff. It looks like it was used as a prop in a movie as all boards were removed and LED lights were run through out. Well, I was able to source all of the boards through Australian Pinball Parts (and had them shipped to the US), but I realized I'm missing the door in the backbox. Attached pics shows what I'm referring to circled in red, and a pic of my empty back box...
Does anyone have a line on somone parting out a Gottlieb System 3? I know the lights won't line up, but I can deal with that. Obviously a world challenge soccer would be even better. Otherwise, can anyone get the diminesions for me (or even trace and mail me the lifesized copy, I'll pay for shipping) and I figure I can recreate it somehow. I already checked with Pinball Resource and they do not have anything. Thanks!

273293003_10220201688618176_4264421206444419799_n (resized).jpg273293003_10220201688618176_4264421206444419799_n (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

The term you are looking for is "Backbox Insert".

I recommend calling some of the pinball restoration businesses, such as TNT Amusements or The Pinball Company. They usually have several parts machines on hand and the insert board is usually a common left over.

toddtuckey - Would you be able to do business with him? I know you have several parts machines in your warehouse.

#3 2 years ago

Kind of a pain to take it out to trace it but here are some dimensions.
PBResource has hinges, GTB-22024 and GTB-22025
System3 Backbox Insert (resized).jpgSystem3 Backbox Insert (resized).jpg

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

The term you are looking for is "Backbox Insert".
I recommend calling some of the pinball restoration businesses, such as TNT Amusements or The Pinball Company. They usually have several parts machines on hand and the insert board is usually a common left over.
toddtuckey - Would you be able to do business with him? I know you have several parts machines in your warehouse.

This is a great idea. I will reach out. Thanks!

Quoted from latenite04:

Kind of a pain to take it out to trace it but here are some dimensions.
PBResource has hinges, GTB-22024 and GTB-22025
[quoted image]

Very awesome!, thanks so much. Is it malamine type wood?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from dieseldogpi:

Very awesome!, thanks so much. Is it malamine type wood?

It's 1/2 thick MDF and the front is painted white, it doesn't have the hard resin layer of a melamine. The left side latch looks to be two #8 screws from the back that go through T-Nuts to hold the latch. If you can't find a latch let me know, I have a file to 3d print one that I used before finding a used latch on ebay.

This latch looks a bit different but might work just fine: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9291-00
20220216_110151 (resized).jpg20220216_110151 (resized).jpg

#6 2 years ago

I sent you pictures of a like new Barb Wire insert from a game we had to junk, because recyclers cut all the wiring out of the playfield! Let me kniow if you can use it...

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I sent you pictures of a like new Barb Wire insert from a game we had to junk, because recyclers cut all the wiring out of the playfield! Let me kniow if you can use it...

Bought the one from Todd. Perfect for what I need. Thanks all!

#8 2 years ago

Its on its way! Todd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-backbox-door and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.