2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by phishrace
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shaq5 (resized).jpg
    shaq2 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I have a problem with "attract sound".

I have "Attract sound" included in the menu.

The problem is with playback.
    The first sound is played after about 1.20 minutes. The second one takes about 2.50 minutes. The third one is after 5 minutes. Fourth after 11min. The fifth sound after about 23 minutes.

I don't know where to look for the problem. Why is the audio not playing at a certain fixed time?

I guess it used to work normally.

There is a relay under the playfield (No. 24 on the diagram). It comes on at regular intervals. The relay also turns on while "attract sound" is playing.
    It seems to me that when this relay is turned on, the "attract sound" should be played but it is not, it is played as I wrote above.

#3 2 years ago

Shaq Attaq

#4 2 years ago

SA has at least a couple versions of software. If you have anything under version 5, order new CPU and display ROMs from flippers.com.

#5 2 years ago

I had the software version V2 (attachment)
    I have uploaded the software versions V5 (attachment)

The same problem continues.

Anyone have a Gottlieb SYS3 pinball to see how Attract Mode works for him?

shaq2 (resized).jpgshaq2 (resized).jpgshaq5 (resized).jpgshaq5 (resized).jpg
    #6 2 years ago
    Quoted from dippaolo:

Anyone have a Gottlieb SYS3 pinball to see how Attract Mode works for him?

I have a Stargate and it plays attract mode sounds so much, I turned it off. Timing doesn't change. I had to have one of my sound boards repaired (both would quit working completely). Wasn't easy to find someone to fix it. I'd tell you who did it, but they no longer have a game to test with.

Considering how complicated those boards are (mixed surface mount and thru hole, likely NLA components), I think I'd live with that timing problem.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-attract-sound-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.