Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by lint
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey All, so I am running a Rebuilt and working Rottendog PSU -> Rebuilt and working Ni-Wumpf -> Original Driver Board.

All seems to be working well but with a fresh 2amp slo-blow under the playfield the drop targets reset on startup and blow that fuse every time. I took the driver board out and tested every transistor per pinrepairs guide and did the diode mod to the board (which was an early one without them). This problem existed before I tested the driver board and did the diode mods.

At the drop target coils I have 4.5ohm resistance across what should be around 9ohm. If I disconnect the ground on one of the coils both will then read 9.5ohm-10ohm. Diodes on both coils tested fine but I can replace.

So, where should I start? Is it Q29 & Q45 even though my DMM said they test okay (done in series)?

#2 3 years ago

bump? any ideas?

#3 3 years ago

It really is tough to test transistors with a meter. Replacing them couldn't hurt. Do you get any game play before the fuse blows? Gottliebs are famous for designing fused circuits at the limit of the fuse. Often times I have to go a 1/2 amp up to get reliability. If it plays for awhile and then pops try that. If it pops as soon as you turn it on go for the transistors. Also make sure there isn't any metal debris in your edge connectors. Pins will break off and cause shorts at the connectors.

#4 3 years ago

Just to close this one out. I changed the Transistors at Q29 & Q45 and that fixed the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-totem-drop-targets-blowing-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.