• Latest reply 4 years ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A739BBC6-96AE-44B8-840C-9BB69840DF76 (resized).jpeg
totem (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ita47.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Totem and the score displays for players 3 & 4 are missing the top segment. I have swapped the displays with player 1 & 2 and had the same issue so it is not the displays themselves. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this?

totem (resized).jpgtotem (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

I have pulled J2 off several times and reseated it but that didn't change anything. I can replace that connector at pin 13, but do you count from the top down or bottom up?

1 week later
#6 4 years ago

Thanks again guys for the help. I’ve done more checking and I believe my Z17 chip is bad. I have continuity from leg 13 on the chip Z17 all the way to the displays so it isn’t a bad connection. Then I got my brothers logic probe and leg 13 reads low, no pulsing like the other legs. I found some new old stock chips on eBay and ordered them. I should have them Monday. Hopefully that will fix my display issue.

#7 4 years ago

I finally got my replacement chips for Z17 today. I installed it tonight and my player 3 & 4 now have the top (a) segments, so it was a bad chip after all. It was tough to get the old chip out, but I finally succeeded. I installed a socket so if it ever happens to fail again it will be an easy swap. Thanks again to G.P.E. And Force Flow for you help. I am thrilled to get this fixed.

A739BBC6-96AE-44B8-840C-9BB69840DF76 (resized).jpegA739BBC6-96AE-44B8-840C-9BB69840DF76 (resized).jpeg
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

So it seems system1 displays and the chip that drives them are the same as the ones for system80, is that correct? I thought the system80's were built differently but it appears to be not so.

I couldn't tell you because I don't have any system80 games. Maybe someone with more Gottlieb experience can chime in and answer your question.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ita47.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-top-line-of-score-displays-missing?tu=ita47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.