Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Soop
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Working on reassembly of Genie and it had the wrong speaker in it(wrong size, ohms) and it the foam surround and paper were disintegrating. I am hoping to replace this with one that will bolt in to the stock location with the exact same hole pattern.

Didnt see the specs for the speaker in my manuals, looking at my other system 1 games showed an 8 OHM, 5 watt speaker, about 6" across.

Emailed PBR, they dont carry it. They were kind enough to provide the specs

Foster #138, 39, 8 OHM, 5W

Researching a bit further, Foster looks to be an OEM speaker supplier - so there is no way youre going to get them to make more of this speaker without ordering 10,000 units.

Marco, Pinball Life, Amazon - im just not finding what I need... How close to the specs need to match? Does anyone have an idea where i could get a speaker like this?

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

I think I have an original if you want it. Probably sounds as good as it looks, but there you go.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I think I have an original if you want it. Probably sounds as good as it looks, but there you go.

See this is the thing - I can likely get originals in somewhat good condition... but i've got about half of the System 1 lineup with the other half to eventually come in to the collection also..

Was hoping to find a "new" source of them.

1 week later
#4 8 years ago

Subbing so i can keep track of this I'd be curious if you do find a replacement and from where.

1 month later
#5 8 years ago

Found these that are a great potential replacement...

ebay.com link: itm

But I cant get the seller to modify his listing to ship to the USA..

#6 8 years ago

Here ya go:

http://www.radiodaze.com/10w-8ohm-speaker-item-spkr-810pc6/

It's a 6 inch, 8 ohm, 10 watt, full range speaker. It should work perfectly fine for you, plus it's only $9.

Here's more:

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/P-A-MOD6-15

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

See this is the thing - I can likely get originals in somewhat good condition... but i've got about half of the System 1 lineup with the other half to eventually come in to the collection also..
Was hoping to find a "new" source of them.

Let us know what you end up getting and how it sounds by the way you are my hero with that system 1 lineup

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Let us know what you end up getting and how it sounds by the way you are my hero with that system 1 lineup

It's impressive isn't it! I'm jealous...

1 week later
#11 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Subbing so i can keep track of this I'd be curious if you do find a replacement and from where.

do you notice any sound improvements using the pascal boards and running those wire off the board to the speaker. I just put a pascal in the hulk and really like the features but still using the old sound board .Would like to try pascal sound board .

#12 8 years ago

One of the best places I know of is Parts Express. Another one of my hobbies is speaker building and they have always done me right.

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/speaker-components/4?N=19807+4294967118&Ne=10166&Nrpp=99999&Nrs=collection%28%29%2Frecord%5Bendeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_PortalID%22%2C%221%22%29+and+endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_Searchable%22%2C%221%22%29%5D&PortalID=1&childCat=t&showMoreIds=10014

They list their speakers with all specs including mounting dimensions

#13 8 years ago

But Parts Express does not generally stock "full range" speakers, only seperate woofers, tweeters, and mid range speakers.

#14 8 years ago

Yep, they have those too Ken. Might take some digging around to find the right size and price though.

http://www.parts-express.com/visaton-r10s-4-full-range-speaker-8-ohm--292-596#lblProductDetails

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-speaker-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.