(Topic ID: 173048)

Gottlieb System 1 Reset caps

By Toyguy

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I've got a Totem that has an issue with starting up. It takes about 20 power cycles to get the thing to boot correctly. Most of the time, it will start up with the displays blank, or garbled, and a game can't be started. Once it does start, it plays perfectly and will do so until it's turned off. Whether it's turned back on immediately or later, it will still require numerous on/off cycles to get it to boot again.

It's got a brand new power supply in it and voltages are good. I've replaced Q5, Q6 and Z2 in the reset circuit with no change in behavior. I'd like to replace the C31 and C32 caps in the reset circuit, but I've no idea what kind they are. They are an odd block-shaped component. I do know they're 0.1mfd.

Does anyone know if I need to find similar replacements, or can I just swap them out for any old 0.1mfd of a decent voltage rating?

Thanks!
Dave

#6 7 years ago

I've cleared all the audits and the batteries are remote mounted. Still takes about 20 on-off cycles to get it to boot. It may just be bad but I will try subbing those caps with some other .1mfd parts to see what happens.

#10 7 years ago

Thanks Ed. Hate to learn that someone is ripping off your design.

Looks like some voltage checks coming up. I'll report back as soon as I can get them done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-reset-caps?tu=Toyguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.