7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by 80spit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Working on a system1 and it seems to boot fine, tried every combo of dip settings on 17 and 18 and can't get more than 2 credits on it when tripping the coin switch, have a good battery with 4 volts on the 5101 at pin 22 wondering were to go with this one?

1 week later
    #2 7 years ago

What are all the other coin dip switches set to?

Are there any problems with the bookkeeping data?

It's possible that the RAM is bad. AMI RAM is more susceptible to failure than most other brands.

#3 7 years ago

I would suspect a 5101 problem too. and as said, especially if it's an AMI flavor.

#4 7 years ago

Yeh, sounds like possibly a "flaky" 5101 ram chip that's on it's way out.

#5 7 years ago

The weird thing on system1 games is the 5101 can be bad, but the game still boots and plays!

#6 7 years ago

I assume the 5101 is toasted in my Buck Rogers yet the game still plays fine. The credits go up and down in strange increments. High score still works, so i haven't messed with it.

#7 7 years ago

Ended up pulling the board, had a bad U4 spider, only one switch was not working, put another board in and all is fine, I'll dig into this one
    later, last time I replaced a U4 I had to pull it from and old board, took me three boards untill I found a good one. U4 seems to be the death ofthese boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-only-takes-2-credits-max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.