(Topic ID: 269656)

Gottlieb system 1, no mpu controlled lights/switches/coils.

By joelt1

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by joelt1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

displays, pop bumpers, flippers, slings, self test, credits/start button , high score to date, all work, but that's it. boards are very clean, game has been idle for years. Anyone have any idea?? thank you

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelt1:

displays, pop bumpers, flippers, slings, self test, credits/start button , high score to date, all work, but that's it. boards are very clean, game has been idle for years. Anyone have any idea?? thank you

Does it have a ball in the trough? Also, did you check the slam switches. The ones on the door are always a problem. I think it needs to be closed to start game.

#3 3 years ago

yes and yes, ball spits out, cleaned slam sw, I do get some sound, credit/game start, its a Genie. thanks

#4 3 years ago

Bump, does anyone have a suggestion? would really like to avoid getting a new mpu, for this game is almost booting, or am I way off?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelt1:

Bump, does anyone have a suggestion? would really like to avoid getting a new mpu, for this game is almost booting, or am I way off?

My mpu had a fault that stopped the outhole kicking the ball out... everything else on my Sinbad worked fine but the spider chip couldn't be repaired so I had to replace the board. It might be worth having someone check your board to see if it's okay as mine looked clean with no battery damage at all.

#6 3 years ago

Likely a custom spider chip fault. Sling operation independent of MPU. Spiders U4 and U5 are for solenoids and switch matrix and contain custom ROM for Genie. Original Gottlieb Sys 1 MPUs are a case of they will fail an looks mean nothing. Perform the ground modifications before proceeding as it could help your situation. Inspect the cable connectors on the lower left side of the MPU for proper spring in the contacts.

#7 3 years ago

Yeah, after researching, I figured spiders..did ground mods, repined some connectors, thanks for the posts.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-no-mpu-controlled-lights-switches-coils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.