• Latest reply 4 years ago by TheWiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

41AD0101-81BC-463A-B719-23CF1EA1D815 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Just got 2 ROLLER DISCOs ... got one mostly working ... other one won't start a game and score displays flash from "000,000" to "EE" (but the top of the E is missing) ... is this an "error" message ... ordering an Owners Manual and stuff tomorrow ... but have tomorrow off and was hoping to work on it ... P.S. Both sets of boards were suppose to be working ... I took the MPU out of the unworking game and put it in the working game > and it shows same "code" in the game that was working ... Also, is likely that unworking game fried something on MPU ... and if so, what should I check ? P.S.S. After I tried starting bad game > I noticed the power cord wasn't grounded so I replaced power cord but still not working ... THANK YOU !!!

#2 4 years ago
41AD0101-81BC-463A-B719-23CF1EA1D815 (resized).jpeg41AD0101-81BC-463A-B719-23CF1EA1D815 (resized).jpeg
#3 4 years ago

System 1 games aren't "smart" enough to produce any codes (this is assuming your games both have the original hardware installed, and not a replacement aftermarket board). The strobing zeros tell me you might have a stuck slam switch. On these games, they're normally closed (as opposed to being normally open on literally every other game in existence). Start by checking those, and then move onto doing all the ground modifications. Good luck!

#4 4 years ago

Guy I got the games from is a whiz at boards ... he checked boards (said they all OK) ... he did ground mods ... Zeros aren't "strobing" exactly (scores displays light up with "000,000" then a second or two later > light up with the "EE" thing ... then back to "000,000" ... more flashing ... guess that could be called strobing ? The dilemma is >> The game that is NOT working is in better condition ... I am going to keep one and sell the other ... I'm hesitant to put the board from the working game into the game that doesn't work, because afraid it might screw up the board ...? ... Do you think that is a likely possibility ? OR is that unlikely??? Ideally, would like to get both working but limited time and knowledge of Solid States ....

#5 4 years ago

plowpusher > AHAHA ... that funny ! are System 1 games that bad ?

@mbaumie > please read previous post ... and guy I got them from put a jumper on MPU to disable slam switches ... Thanks for thinking of that tho !

#6 4 years ago

System 1 games are a real thorn in my side. Really, what you'll want to do is repin every connector. As tedious as that sounds, it's almost becoming a necessity at this point. Those card edge connectors can be flaky. You can clean the male side with a pink pencil eraser. Triple check the interconnect cable that runs between the CPU and driver board. Also, make sure your power supply is providing the correct voltages--I've never trusted the originals. They're junk, imho.

Now, if you're like me, you'll do all that work and the game will still not boot. Then just commit to buying a replacement CPU board. They're fantastic.

#7 4 years ago

On the non-working board, does it boot properly? When power is applied it should act like it is doing nothing and then after 5 or 6 seconds the displays come on and the playfield sets up for a game. Does it do that?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
$ 200.00
Playfields
Trident Pinball Homebrew
Playfields
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-gt-error-ee-gt-roller-disco-?hl=spacetimeguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.