• Latest reply 4 years ago by Genieye
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7556 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

Hello all, I have my Genie finally playing like a champ for those that followed my long journey to get it right. The previous owner had taken out the knocker. I found all the pieces so put it all together. When I run a coil test the coil fires but its very weak. Instead of a knock its barely noticeable. It has a A 5195 coil. I looked at many photos online and feel I have it together right. Like many things it is probably something simple. Thanks to anyone who can help.

IMG_7556 (resized).JPGIMG_7556 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

I did locate an earlier thread that says these are weak by design and does not have that knock sound like the ones that hit wood but I remember back in the early 80's when I used to play this that it was loud, much louder then almost nothing like I am getting now.

#3 4 years ago

your plunger is upside down. the nylon(?) part is what should do the striking at the top

edit: and to clarify, it is weak because too much of the metal part is already inside the coil

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

your plunger is upside down. the nylon(?) part is what should do the striking at the top

Thanks much as that was it! I goes against what I was thinking that the nylon would sound louder then the steel end. As mentioned previously in another thread it would be nice if it had a louder knocking sound but at least it works. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-genie-knocker-weak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.