• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chrisnack
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Ok, looking for some help.

I'm working on a project Joker Poker and I've got most everything running except for the credit display at this point. I have repinned several of the display connectors themselves including A5, and i've repined A1-J2 and A1-J3 completely.

I've tested a new power supply and verified i have 60v, 42v and 4v and 8v at the PS. I even pulled my pi-1/x4 from my Sinbad and tested the JP with that.

I have verified that the credit display itself is working, by testing in one of my other 2 machines.

So not sure what else to check at this point, open to ideas... I'm almost thinking i need to start checking the continuity on every wire going to the A5 display (ugh).

Thanks for any insight!

#2 4 years ago

So figured it after many hours of tracing wires and getting intimate with the System 1 schematics. Turns out some previous owner had repaired a pin in one of the A6 connectors and put it back in the wrong spot. Thankfully it ended up being a dead-end (not used on this game apparently) so nothing ever blue. Once i repined into the correct location all was good.

It was the 3v reference for the credit display, it was connected to the purple/red which dead ends at another A6 connector under the playfield. I wondered why the colors were wrong, and after tracing every single wire for the displays and checking continuity on every single wire... finally figured it out...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.00
$ 289.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 64.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 14.95
$ 248.85

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside