(Topic ID: 59847)

Gottlieb System 1 Cleopatra - Needs some TLC!

By MArmour

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MArmour
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MArmour.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys,

I recently picked up a SS Cleopatra that is in need of some serious TLC. I have been trying to follow the power up process from pinrepair.com and I want to verify exactly where my issue is currently. I am not getting anything from the displays at all. I have tested to the voltage at the display fuse (from the fuse holder to the ground strip adjacent) and got 35V. Should this not be ~70V? I tested the display voltage output on the power supply and it looks like I am getting nothing at all there.

I am assuming the issue lies with the power supply. What should I test from here?

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

No ideas?

#6 10 years ago

I got pretty lucky on the battery front. I don't see any leakage at all and little if any corrosion.

I recapped the power supply and grounded the negative side of C1 to the backbox ground plane. I am still not getting voltage on the 60V pin at all. Testing at the pin to the negative side of the cap.

I tested the A2-P1 pin 6 (69 volts AC (blue/wht/red)) to the negative side of the C6 cap and got 0 volts AC. I tested the A2-P1 pin 7 (69 volts AC Return (org/wht/red)) and got 32ish volts AC. I tested at the power supply connector and at the transformer and got the same readings. This leads me to believe that I have a bad transformer. Would this be correct?

Thanks!

#9 10 years ago

I tested on A2P1 and found that pins 6-7 are only reading 35VAC. I tested at the transformer and found the same results.

I tested by connecting a lead on each pin and using the 200VAC setting on my meter.

#11 10 years ago

Okay, so I think I found the real issue.

I tested all the pins on the power supply input and they were all around 20-35VAC. Way above what they should be for the first two sets of pins and all really close to each other. So I went back through the chain and retested the bridge rectifiers. Not sure what happened or if I just tested them poorly the first time but they are both reading as shorted out now. So I need to replace those and see how it goes from there.

Hopefully it will just be these cheap parts and the machine will be at least playable until I can start on a full clean/restore.

I will get the parts and report back if that solves the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MArmour.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-cleopatra-needs-some-tlc?tu=MArmour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.