(Topic ID: 228672)

Gottlieb System 1 - Boardset Reliability ?

By DRD

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heaterguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Brypten:

Do the ground mods and repin all the connectors and they are pretty reliable. The Pascal boards are great, you still need to repin connectors for reliability with the Pascal.

I have a Genie, re capped power supply, did ground mods, cleaned all edge connections on boards, and installed a pascal sound board (sound was out) Worked great for about 4 months, now sound cuts out for no apparent reason in the middle of a game. Re booting/resetting game restores sound, only to eventually cut out again. Cleaned edge connectors, still having same issue. Any suggestions on how to clean the molex connectors? I scraped with a razor blade....

#15 5 years ago

Yep, hopefully replacing the pins will work. (not something Im looking forward too BTW) I emailed Pascal, he asked me to send him pics of the board (PI-FX board) which I did. He actually had me replace capacitor C10 he said they had a run of defective ones. I did, but It didn't solve my issue. I debated whether to share this in public but in case someone else has the same problem I recommend contacting him and sending him a pic of C10.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Be sure to make sure you are getting the proper voltages from the power supply, and the appropriate voltages are reaching the sound board (sometimes voltages dip with distance and load).

I questioned Pascal on this very thing, I thought irregular voltage (possibly through dirty adjustable pot on A2?) was causing power interruption/A7 failures. Pascal stated that his board does not rely on ANY voltage coming from power supply, it generates its own onboard voltage. I found this very interesting. I did rebuild the power supply (Big Daddy Cap. kit) and did ground Mods when I got the machine. He asked if the green "Heartbeat" LED was still flashing when sound cuts out, which it either locks on solid or off solid. Rebooting the game restarts the A7 to normal operation. nest step is to re-pin connectors, Ima start with A7-J1 and A3-J2 although I have cleaned them all and they fight snuggly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heaterguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-boardset-reliability-?tu=heaterguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.