Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I am working on a Gottlieb Dragon that will not go into attract mode shows a high score and recent score. The game works and plays fine but at sitting idle does not go into attract mode. What circuit runs the attract mode or is this in the dip switches?

#2 1 year ago

If it has the original CPU board, it doesn't have an attract mode. Don't think any System 1 has an attract mode. Some aftermarket boards do add an attract mode.

#3 1 year ago

Yes. System 1 attract mode is to show high score to date every 5 seconds

#4 1 year ago

I can picture one of Gottlieb's grizzled old EM designers back then in the early SS days saying to a younger protégé, "Make the lamps blink for no reason when the game's just sitting there? You better go home and put a cold towel on your head, son."

#5 1 year ago

Thank You for the help. I was kinda figuring there was no attract mode because I have two boards doing the same thing and what are the chances that both have the same problem. Now I can stop staring at the schematics .

#6 1 year ago

With system 1 original Gottlieb cpu boards, there is no light show attract mode. The only thing that is any sort of "attract" is simply the high score to date alternating with the previous game scores on the displays. If you have an aftermarket cpu board, those usually have some sort of light show attract mode built in due to more advanced hardware than what the original board had.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The EM Scientist
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 899.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!