Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by noflip95
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2018-02-08_07h28_26 (resized).png
2018-02-08_07h21_38 (resized).png
freepl10.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maralb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can send English Excalibur images for you if you are interested! I also have Monte Carlo Rev2 images (708/2).

Best regards from Holland,

Marco

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from flip78:

Hi Marco,
Yes please send me the dumps !
We take everything about GOTTLIEB !
We (really) love GOTTLIEB.

Check your emailbox Again great work, respect!

Marco

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Very nice!
Question: How can the English vs French vs other be distinguished on the download site?
If the "mouse over" popup has no suffix, like (FR), does this indicate English?
Thanks!

Chris,

For example, 705 are English ROM's for Genesis, 705X are French and 705Y are German ROM's.
Does that make it more clear?

Marco

1 week later
#18 3 years ago

Chris,

Did you turn all credit related dipswitches to "off" position?? (Dips 1-5, 9-13, 17-21)??

I tested the Genesis Freeplay ROM succesfully.

Marco

1 year later
#36 2 years ago
Quoted from xefned:

This is great! Thanks for making it available. I'm excited to help my pal get his #Arena running on free play. I just have one uncertainty. How do I know which version of the Arena prom to download and burn?
The FlipProjets download page (http://www.flipprojets.fr/Proms80B_EN.php) has a choice for "709 - Arena" and "709/1 - Arena." It's probably just because I am not a pin guy (yet anyway) that I don't understand the difference.
Can someone explain the difference to a newb? Thanks!

Gottlieb used the "/.." to refer to updates. 709 is the first release, 709/1 means 709 update 1, 709/2 means 709 update 2 and so on.
I would use 709/1 in this case. When using these freeplay rom's don't forget to set all coin related dipswitches to "off" position (Dips 1-5, 9-13, 17-21).

By the way: If you encounter a software release not already patched by the magnificent Davroux brothers please make images and upload it to them so they can patch it to a freeplay version and publish it.

Marco

11 months later
#44 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

some piece of crap emulation package

Too bad and not necessary.

It would be nice to read some more details why this went wrong for other people.

I compared the files with what I am having in my library.

In there are files which are marked rev 0; these are images from a board repair I did a few years ago (when the labels just read 709 I name the images rev 0 as a reference for myself). They match the rev 1 files list at the flipprojets site.

Other files in my library which are unmarked match the "rev0" files at the flipprojets website.

Is it possible the rev 1 <=> rev 0 at the flipprojets website?

Marco

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Saint Charles, MO
Machine - For Sale
Jarrettsville, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 8.40
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Milwaukee, WI
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maralb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside