Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by noflip95
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2018-02-08_07h28_26 (resized).png
2018-02-08_07h21_38 (resized).png
freepl10.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 1 year ago

Arena version /1 of the free play sys80 ROMs does not work. Gives a ROM checksum error and the game will continually reboot (assuming you have the reset board connected).

Does anybody have a working version /1 of the arena software?

Thanks
Cfh@provide.net

#41 1 year ago

I'm sorry but you're wrong on this. Arena 709/1 does NOT work. I'm not running it in some piece of crap emulation package. I'm actually using a GAME for testing. And your 709/1 does not work. I just re-downloaded, and burned both ROMs. They do NOT work.

Interestingly, the 709 Arena roms *do* work. But not the 709/1 version (which is the version i'm looking for, as there's a bug in the original 709 software.)

#42 1 year ago

Do me a favor... email me your original 709/1 software (not modified) and let me check it. Maybe you're using a bad/non working version for your modifications?
cfh@provide.net

#43 1 year ago

Figured it out thank you! The problem was in the 2716 file

#45 1 year ago

I believe that was the case. it may have been my fault, i'm not entirely sure. either way i got it working. The tell is when you turn the game on, hit the diagnostic button quickly. Even though the program can crash, you can get it into diagnostics. then go to memory test, and it will tell you if there's a PROM problem.

#46 1 year ago

Also with Arena you want to be running the 709/1 version. The initial release has a multi-ball bug. The 709/1 version fixes that. So probably shouldn't even have the initial release version 709 on the web site.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 8.40

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside