Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210315_095610 (resized).jpg
20210315_095558 (resized).jpg
20210315_095551 (resized).jpg

#1 7 months ago

Gentlemen,
I am having an odd issue with a Gottlieb Sys3. The game worked perfectly, then I changed the stock battery out to a coin cell and moved the game to another room. Now I am having processing problems. In the pictures, you can see that the game is displaying wrong symbols on the DMD and it is behaving oddly too, by doing weird things during gameplay (e.g., asking for high score initials between each ball, not displaying certain menus, etc.).

I removed the new battery and reset the game. No change.

I cleaned the connections for all the ribbon cables. No change.

I removed and cleaned the EPROM on CPU. No change.

My +5VDC is perfectly stable at +5.1VDC on the CPU.

Sometimes Gottliebs have an issue with U11 where the DMD will display garbage and the game will not boot, but that does not seem to be my issue here.
Any help is appreciated.
-Kyros

20210315_095551 (resized).jpg20210315_095558 (resized).jpg20210315_095610 (resized).jpg
#2 7 months ago

Garbage in RAM caused by changing of battery?
If I remember right - you must manually reset/clear the contents else you will have strange crap in there.

#3 7 months ago

Had a similar issue when I changed the ROM in my Light Camera Action. All sorts of wild stuff, not far off from what you’re describing.

Do a factory reset and see if it corrects your issue.

#4 7 months ago

Ed and mbaumle,
You guys (and Pinside) are amazing. Did a factory reset and all is well.
I greatly appreciate your help.
-Kyros

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside