You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211221_153013 (resized).jpg
20211221_152713 (resized).jpg
20211221_130505 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Have a Mushroom World, and the ball has trouble making it out of the Princess VUK. Solenoid kicks good and strong (maybe too strong?), I've taken it apart to clean the mech and replaced the sleeve, tried moving the wire form around, tried adjusting the VUK switch height and position, nothing seems to make a difference. The ball tends to kick up, maybe bounce around in the wireform, but doesn't make it over the elbow; falling back into the VUK. Ball might make it onto the ramp every 3rd or 4th kick. Ideas?

20211221_130505 (resized).jpg20211221_130505 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Bottom of the bracket where the plunger rests. Is there a rubber grommet or anything that is worn or missing ? If the plunger rides too low in the coil it doesn't get a full whack.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Here's an overhead shot of how mine's lined up, it kicks cleanly most of the time. Make sure the bracket for the coil isn't bent so the ball goes strait up, also check the plastic tip on the plunger to make sure it's flat and doesn't have a chip broken out of it. Do you have the correct coil, maybe it was replaced and is overpowered? It also looks like you have the playfield protector installed, make sure nothing is overhanging and interfering with the balls path.

20211221_152713 (resized).jpg20211221_152713 (resized).jpg
20211221_153013 (resized).jpg20211221_153013 (resized).jpg

#4 2 years ago

No obstructions, (including from the protector) but I do seem to be missing the wood "spacer" that the VUK mounts to. Looks like somebody removed it and mounted the VUK directly to the Playfield. I actually took some slow mo video the track where ball was going. When it kicks straight up, it sort of bounces off the wire frame and is directed into the elbow. I spacered one side to make it fire into/along the curve and now it seems to track with the wire a and makes it nearly every time. Probably not a long-term solution, but it's a start

#5 2 years ago

Do you need measurements to make a new spacer? I can pull my vuk get some dimensions.

#6 2 years ago

Appreciate it, I assume it's the same size as the blocks on the left and right VUKs above the flippers. I might even have one left over from a Wipeout play field that I bought and stripped for parts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
Displays
Retrocity
Displays

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sys3-vuk-fail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.