5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Kyrosfear
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kyrosfear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Gentlemen,
I have a Big Hurt with a right flipper that fires in solenoid test, and activates the switch in switch test, but is dead during gameplay. I would appreciate any help with it.
-Kyros

#2 5 years ago

I have read threads that talk about opto problems (which does not apply) and switch problems.
-Kyros

3 months later
#3 4 years ago

Well, now I know why no one said anything in this thread. These symptoms did not make any sense for a Gottlieb System 3 game.

The issue was a cold solder joint on the flipper coil. It was just coincidence that it was working during test but not during gameplay. Or, more accurately, by the time I got to testing it in-game, the joint was already hot (and thus, nonfunctional). Once I turned the game on again, to try to figure out the issue, I had allowed enough time for it to cool so it was working again in test......
-Kyros

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kyrosfear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sys3-flipper-not-firing-during-gameplay?tu=Kyrosfear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.