• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1489 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Normally, I can take my time figuring out an issue, but I'm currently at a show trying to troubleshoot a Hulk.

I have a Pascal CPU board in the game (just the CPU, not the all-in-one).

Every time the game turns on or goes into test mode, I see a slam message, even though the slam switches on the coin door and ball tilt are closed.

If I jumper the slam and ground pins on the CPU to bypass the slam switch, then the entire first column of switches in the switch matrix shows up as being closed (coin chutes, tilt, etc) and a message appears that the test switch is disabled.

If I disconnect the slam switch wire from the connector and then jumper the slam and ground pins on the MPU, the game seems to operate normally, and the slam message does not appear. However, I would prefer not to leave it like this since it doesn't really solve the actual issue.

All the cabinet and playfield switch diodes test good. The coin door wiring appears to be intact, and I can't seem to find any shorts between the slam switch and anything else.

Any ideas?

#3 6 years ago

Hmm...I'm starting to think that the wires connected to the ball tilt switch are jumbled up. Does anyone have a reference photo handy?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

This what you need

Perfect, thanks

I'll have to double check the game in the morning to see if that is the issue, since I can't quite remember which wire was connected where. I'm really hoping for any easy fix.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

Any chance of wires being crossed during a repinning of the cpu connections.

The switch connectors have not been repinned.

Quoted from Ashwood486:

on my Count Down the diode checks good in the system but actually was bad and worked normal when I put a jumper wire on it.

Yeah, I've seen diodes fail while under load as well. Unfortunately, I don't have an 1N270 germanium diodes with me. Just 1N4004 didoes.

#9 6 years ago

Well, the problem was that the wires were jumbled up on the ball tilt switch. Once arranged correctly, the issue was resolved.

Thanks again for the photo

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sys1-slam-switch-matrix-issue?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.