(Topic ID: 287166)

Gottlieb Sys 80b - Sound- End tune repeating .

By FTN_Ferry

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by FTN_Ferry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FTN_Ferry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey there,

New to the pinball hobby , read almost a year as a guest but now the questions begin

Problem: a Gottlieb #Robo War , rebuilded it , replaced the MA-774 Control board with an Lisy80 board.

It has functioned ok. I was still cleaning and repairing minor things (droptargets switches and popbumper adjusting), but it booted and sound was clean an crisp.

But suddenly the endtune does not stop by itself.

ALL ! of the sounds are good, but only the endtune keeps going on.

I have changed de Lisy80 with an control board from my GoldWings... but the problem stays.

Hopefully you guys can point me out in the right direction.

Thanks for reading and giving reply's
FTN_Ferry

my first post with a bit more information:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club/page/88#post-6105458

#3 3 years ago

Thanks RWH,

The tune keeps on playing, it does not stop. I checked
my Lisy80 board and attr mode was on. But even when I change this , the end tune keeps on repeating.
For now I have ordered an original MA774 , not only to keep the game original, but also to be able to measure out the sound signals.

Still tips are welcome where to look for..

FTN

#5 3 years ago

Yeah i did power it off..

But today the secondhand MA774 board came in. So a gave it an optic check, placed a powercap on it an placed in to the Robo-War .
It fired up imediatly . So did a checkup in the test mode. All Good . so let play..

So when playing immediatly i noticed thad the scores and sound where recacting faster.
The small display errors ( sometimes i gave an @ in the display ) where gone as well.. so looks better already.

But then at the end of the game.. Still the endtune keeps repeating .. bummer.
So it has to be in the sound board i guess ??

i will try to give the circuit diagram a closer look this week... to be continued

Now we will enjoy the snow in Holland, i play some pinball later on..

FTN

#7 3 years ago

I have been messing around. i figured out that if you connect the S1 S2 S4.... etc. to GND you trigger the sound.
I saw a video on youtube of someone testing a soundboard. So i figyred out that if i trigger S2 (connected to A6p1 wire 3 ) i hear a sound . Like a laser.
It stops and i can trigger it again by connecting S2 to GND. the same is S4 (connected to A6p1 wire 2 ) .. and then
if i connected to A6p1 wire 1 to GND , my endtune plays.
So it is S8 (Sound 8), the end tune..
But it keeps repating.
So tried to figure de S8 line and the scheme , and it will trigger 2 flip flops.
I have to do some further measurements.. but the problem is the MA886 sound board.

I have a second machine, a Gold Wings , with an MA-766 soundboard. These are not interchangable .

Maybe anyone knows if i can swap the roms ?

So i have to figure out the data line line from the flip-flops ... the search contineus.

@Russ, thanks fot the tip and i will also check the option for a replacement board, although i prefer the original...

Anybody got an idea?

FTN

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
4,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Utrecht, UT
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FTN_Ferry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sys-80b-sound-end-tune-repeating-?tu=FTN_Ferry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.